The bimolecular vitamin nicotinamide mononucleotide is naturally present in all living organisms. NMN helps optimize cellular function, which slows the ageing process (3). The structure of NMN comprises a phosphate group and a ribonucleoside which functions as a basic unit of RNA.
As NMN directly precedes NAD+, it is believed to be crucial for increasing NAD+ levels in the body.
It's critical to comprehend how nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD), a vital coenzyme for the proper functioning of cells, is regularly created from its predecessors.
How does it develop?
The main ingredients used in the production of NAD are tryptophan (an amino acid), nicotinamide (Nam), nicotinic acid (NA)(also known as niacin), nicotinamide riboside (NR), and NMN.
These substances are all variations of vitamin B3.
NAD+ is formed by several activities in the human body. An enzyme NAMPT changes B vitamins into NMN in the body by attaching them to sugar phosphate. NR phosphorylation is the basis of another process that generates NMN.
More than 5 million individuals have lost their lives to the COVID-19 outbreak worldwide. To combat it, the creation of efficient treatment plans for COVID-19 patients has been crucial. Researchers have worked collectively to plan and swiftly carry out statistically solid investigations of the most potent treatments for this illness.
What is Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN)?
Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) stands for a mononucleotide, a molecule that naturally occurs in all life forms. At the molecular level, it is a ribo-nucleotide, which is a basic structural unit of the nucleic acid RNA. Structurally, the molecule is composed of a nicotinamide group, a ribose and a phosphate group. It is the direct precursor of the essential molecule nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) and is considered a chief component to increase NAD+ levels in cells.NMN aids in cellular function optimization, which slows down aging.
If our body produces it normally then why is it required as a supplement?
The answer could be that of a simple demand-supply heuristic. NAD+ essentially is involved in various repair processes of the cell. As we age, our demand for NAD+ increases exorbitantly, hence leaving us with not enough NAD+ to match up with our repair processes. In this case, our cells can only generate enough NAD for some repair processes, while other processes shut, leading to cellular damage. We then have only one option, where we can supplement our bodies with NAD+ using precursors like NMN.
How does NMN help in recuperating from Covid?
- Treatment of elderly patients with an NMN mixture led to recuperation in those who were gravely ill and whose oxygen saturation was dropping. This includes a 2-3 day period of fever alleviation.
- Furthermore, after receiving the NMN combination, the patients' bloodstream levels of white blood cells (lymphocytes) rose and inflammatory indicators reduced.
What could you conclude from this?
- Covid and ageing unquestionably go hand in hand.
- The rate of ageing may affect how long people live, and it may be difficult to distinguish between longevity and biological ageing in humans.
- NMN proved that covid could be battled and improve health. That is to say, many forces are in operation.
- Biological ageing is a process that results in an overall reduction in the organism's ideal biology. It involves the accumulation of structural and functional damage.
- Although ageing was formerly considered "inevitable," humans can delay such monumental inevitabilities.
- Although ageing is a natural, inescapable phenomenon, this does not always indicate that it is a terrible thing.
Thus, targeting the fundamental age processes is the secret to combat ageing and increase Longevity. It appears that only around 20% of how long we survive is determined by our genes, with the remaining 80% determined by our lifestyle factors.
This implies that we already have tremendous influence and command regarding our health in terms of averting chronic illnesses and extending our lives. Throughout all phases of evolution and stages of human variation, lifestyle has an impact on longevity.
Humanity has reached a tipping point in terms of lifespan, and the accompanying shifts will affect our economies, relations, vocations, and more in the next few years. However, we know this much that trying to cope with the ever-faster tempo of such developments, as well as trying to determine what or how we could incorporate such developments in our personal lives, will prove to be extremely difficult but not unachievable. While today’s approaches in medicine focus more on predictive and preventive measures, it is conspicuous that we pay attention to any ‘red flags’ that have been disposed of.
Sustaining strong physical, mental, and cognitive health is essential for healthy ageing. Contrarily, the goal of anti-ageing is to lengthen the healthy life of those who still have youthful characteristics.
By being active, eating well, getting adequate sleep, and seeing the doctor periodically, you can preserve your physical health. It attempts to treat any age-related illnesses while addressing the underlying causes of ageing.
In a larger sense, one should make little changes to their usual routine in order to improve and prolong their life. Follow www.decodeage.com (2) to find out more about how individuals age and what behaviours encourage healthy ageing.
- Huizenga R. Rapid Clinical Improvement in Ill COVID-19 Patients Treated with An NMN Cocktail. Annal Cas Rep Rev: ACRR-271. 2021. Available at: https://www.egaceutical.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/rapid-clinical-improvement-in-ill-covid-19-patients-treated-with-an-nmn-cocktail.pdf
- Decode age: India's 1st Longevity Research Company [Internet]. DecodeAge. [cited 2022Nov21]. Available from:www.decodeage.com
- NMN UTHEVER 1000 - the world's best and purest NMN supplement to boost NAD+ [Internet]. DecodeAge. [cited 2022Nov21]. Available from: https://decodeage.com/products/nmn. Available at: https://www.nmn.com/news/long-term-nmn-administration-anti-aging-effects-ovaries